Leandro Trossard’s hat-trick goal sent the Brighton fans into ecstasy at Anfield on Saturday, as he salvaged an unexpected 3-3 draw for the visitors. However, it was his second goal that delighted Brighton backers as it sent his team 2-0 up versus Liverpool and saw bet365 pay out in the Full Time Result market. Trossard’s 83rd minute equaliser also meant that bet365 customers who had backed the draw, were also celebrating.
The Seagulls had raced into an unexpected first-half lead after a Leandro Trossard double had put them 2-0 up, invoking the 2 goals ahead early payout offer from bet365, meaning that all the pre-match single and multiple bets on the visitors in the standard Full Time Result market became winning bets.
Despite also going 2-0 up at Old Trafford earlier in the season, even the most optimistic Brighton fan would have expected a backlash from a wounded Liverpool team. And so it came to pass.
Roberto Firmino halved the deficit for the hosts before half-time, and the Reds had completed the comeback in the 63rd minute, when Adam Webster’s OG put them 3-2 ahead. However, Trossard had the final say with his hat-trick goal and earn his team a well-deserved point.
The draw maintains the Seagulls’ excellent start to the season as they remain fourth, but Liverpool are ninth, trailing leaders Arsenal by 11 points.
On a weekend where Arsenal’s 3-1 derby defeat of Spurs, Newcastle’s 4-1 thrashing of Fulham, West Ham’s 2-0 win against Wolves and Manchester City’s 6-3 victory against United all invoked the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer from bet365, it was the 3-3 draw at Anfield that was potentially the most dramatic.
A spokesperson for bet365 said: “What a game at Anfield! Brighton are no pushovers this season and were looking good value to take all three points from Liverpool. It wasn’t to be, but those bet365 customers who backed Brighton were rewarded after 17 minutes of the game, thanks to the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer!”
What is the Early Payout Offer?
The bet365 Early Payout Offer is an always-on promotion for all football fans, and available on over 80 leagues and competitions, where selections will be settled as a winner if the team you back goes two goals ahead.
The Early Payout offer is available on single and multiples, and can be enjoyed by new and eligible customers.
Unlike other bookmakers, bet365’s Early Payout Offer is available on the standard Full Time Result market, rather than a separate coupon, meaning customers can take advantage of the offer on the best available prices.
How it works?
Place a pre-match bet on the standard Full Time Result market for Soccer games from selected competitions up to and including Saturday 31st December 2022. Applicable competitions listed below.
For single bets, if the team you back to win goes 2 goals ahead at any stage during the match, we will pay out your bet in full regardless of whether the opposition comes back to draw or win the match.
For multiple bets and Bet Builder bets, if a team you have backed on the standard Full Time Result market goes 2 goals ahead, this selection will be marked as won within My Bets, with the remaining selections left to run.
See Full Terms and Conditions here.
• English Premier League
• English Championship
• English League 1
• English League 2
• English FA Cup (from First Round onwards)
• English EFL Cup
• Scottish Premiership
• Spanish Primera Liga
• German Bundesliga I
• Italian Serie A
• French Ligue 1
• UEFA Champions League (from Group Stage onwards)
• UEFA Europa Conference League (from Group Stage onwards)
• UEFA Europa League (from Group Stage onwards)
Significant terms for bet365 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer
• This offer is only available to new and eligible customers.
• This offer applies to pre-match single and multiple bets on the standard Full Time Result market for Soccer games from the selected competitions listed under All Qualifying Competitions below.
• This offer is available for matches played up to and including Saturday 31st December 2022.
• Bets placed on the Full Time Result - Enhanced Prices market do not apply to this offer.
• This offer will not apply where a bet has been fully Cashed Out. Where a bet has been partially Cashed Out and your team goes two goals ahead, the bet will be settled on the remaining active stake.
• If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature prior to kick-off and your team goes two goals ahead, the bet will be settled on the new stake. Where a bet has been edited to include or amend a selection for an event that is In-Play, the offer will no longer apply.